The Creator, Mom, and Badass Babe Behind KB Leather & Stamped Goods
Don’t Stop, Get It, Get It.
Do Epic Shit.
Good Vibes Only.
These are a few of the phrases that Kendra Beshk prints on her custom brass and silver tags for her business, KB Leather & Stamped Goods. These also happen to be a few phrases that embody who Kendra is as a friend, wife, mom, and small business owner.
A hustler at heart, Kendra always knew she wanted to make things with her hands. “When my parents were landscaping our old backyard, I would steal little pieces of flagstone to paint on & try to sell them at my lemonade stand. When I was in 5th grade, I tried selling my macrame hemp necklaces & bracelets at Rancho Santa Margarita Lake.” Clearly making things and running a business has been rooted in Kendra from a young age.
It’s apparent from her awesome merch and gorgeous Instagram account that her FIDM degree led her in the right direction. Mixing colors with patterns and industrial with retro is definitely Kendra’s jam. Her custom leather and suede key chains and home decor products stem from her passion for interior design. Inspiration for new patterns or styles usually come to Kendra when she is just about to fall asleep, “You know that period of time when you're falling asleep & you're almost unconscious but still a little awake? I get the craziest things running through my brain at that time. I try to either draw or write it out quickly so I don't forget.”
A true “Mama Bear,” the most important aspect of running her small business is that she gets to be able to take care of her kids. “They come first & I'm so blessed to have a business that doesn't suffer when I put them first,” said Kendra. The second best aspect of her business - donating a portion to people in need. “A portion of each sale goes to help girls and women escape sex trafficking, and get them into the counseling and healing they would need.”
Now that we’ve gotten a brief look into this talented lady’s design inspo and reasons for starting a small business, let’s delve a little further into A Stone Groove’s first Rapid Fire Session!
- Favorite color? Oh gosh I love all colors, but mostly different shades of blue & mustard
- Favorite or go-to outfit? Jeans & a tee & my trusty rusty vans
- Favorite Ice cream? Dairy makes me breakout so I have to do gelato & my favorite is the melon gelato from that place in Laguna Beach
- Favorite food? Mushrooms
- What’s your go-to In-n-Out order? #3 (hamburger), no onion, no tomato, extra spread on the top bun
- What is something that you do to relieve stress? Being outside with my plants
- Favorite plant? Cactus types
- Favorite place? The beach!
- Least favorite place? Doctor's office
- Who is your favorite real-life hero? My mama
- Who is your favorite fictional hero? Forrest Gump (I always say I wish it was a true story haha)
- Favorite Disney princess? Ariel because she has red hair like my baby
- Favorite Disney villain? For sure the crab Tamatoa now that I've seen Moana because he's played by one of my favs Jemaine Clement
- Favorite movie? Dumb & Dumber
- Favorite song? Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
- Favorite band? Foo Fighters
- Favorite designer? Alexander McQueen
- Favorite material? Suede durr!
- Coffee or Tea? Tea
- Cats or dogs? Yikes I have both but I feel like I connect more to cats
- Favorite animal? Leopards
- Pancakes or waffles? Waffles
- Favorite meal to make yourself? Homemade chili
- Favorite smell? Baby heads
- Morning bird or night owl? Shoot I go back & forth I think
- Summer or winter? Summer for sure
- Coke or pepsi? DIET COKE
- Favorite thing about being a mom? Watching them play together & their conversations
- Favorite thing about owning your own business? I get to be a full time mama AND work
- Least favorite thing about owning your own business? It can get pretty crazy & stressful sometimes. Instead of just clocking in somewhere & getting paid my 8 hours & then going home, it kinda just happens at all hours of the day whenever I can get it done.
- Favorite place to get tacos? Taco trucks for sure
- How many tattoos do you have? 15 I think
- What's your favorite tattoo? My Luna Kitty
- Favorite book? To Kill a Mockingbird
- What is on your “things to read” list? So embarrassing I don't even have one! I would loveee to read more but there's just always stuff to do
- Favorite magazine? Elle Decor
- Favorite horrible reality tv show? Real Housewives
- Favorite legit tv show? The Walking Dead & The Office
- What is something that you like about yourself? I like that I have a lot of things that I love
- What is something that you don’t like about yourself? Well since I like to do so many things I get disappointed when I figure out there's not enough time for it all haha
- Who is your girl crush? Jessica Chastain, she's so hot
- What is your most silly/embarrassing moment? Sophomore year I was sitting on the grass hill at Mission Viejo High School, my feet fell asleep & I stood up & legit rolled down the hill because I couldn't feel my legs
- When was the last time you witnessed a simple good deed? I was grocery shopping at Sprouts with the kids & they were going crazy. The cashier informed me that she forgot to ring me up for my case of water, the lady behind me told me that she would put it on her receipt so I could get out of the store with my crazy kids
- What is something that you regret? Wasting years hating my body
- What’s the sweetest thing your hubby has done for you lately? I woke up with a high fever today & aches all over. James immediately stepped in, taking care of the kids & housework & grocery shopping
- What’s the sweetest thing the kiddos have done for you lately? Beckette usually gets a little freaked out whenever I'm sick so today she kept coming in & kissing my hand & checking my temperature
- If you could have a conversation with any person living today, who would it be? Dave Grohl
- If you could have a conversation with any person that is no longer living, who would it be? Jesus
- What is your favorite motivational quote or song lyric? For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper & not perish
- What is something that you’ve learned that you wish everyone knew? That time really does fly by especially when your kids are babies
- What is your best beauty tip or secret that you swear by? No deodorant (sorrrrrry)
- Besides your business, do you create any other art? I love macrame & gardening
- Favorite place that you’ve lived? We loved San Diego
- Favorite restaurant? In n out
- Favorite drink (booze or no booze)? Diet coke
- Favorite style/design advice you’ve ever received? That there are no rules!
- If you could live in any decade, what would it be? 70's
- What is an illogical fear that you have? (Mine is ET the alien, fyi). Kardashian/Jenner family
- What is an interesting way that you’ve gotten a scar? When I was 15 I was snowboarding & I was grinding, slipped & hit my leg on the metal beam. It didn't cut my leg, but sorta punctured it & left a pretty decent scar
- What is your favorite word? Shit